Who are you and what do you do?
I am Sanja Haas, Senior Fellow, Human Capital at The Conference Board. In addition to serving as Senior Fellow, I’m also the Council Director for Leadership, Talent and Learning for The Conference Board and founder and managing director of Haas Consulting and an Emergenetics Associate.
My special interest and additional area of expertise is creativity. Together with two business associates, I developed new, unique global methodology for assessing individual and organizational creativity and how to link/correlate this to more and better innovation in the workplace, called the Creativity and Innovation Pulse (CIP) Survey ® .
Who’s the audience you work for?
I consult and train large regional and global companies and work with individual leaders in senior positions in the area of business strategy, organizational strategy and leadership development.
What’s unique about Emergenetics?
Emergenetics is the only tool I have seen so far that has the following key components simultaneously:
- A valid and reliable assessment based on a medicinal model
- Clear distinction between thinking and behavior preferences (not muddled together) and yet a holistic assessment which looks at the thinking and behavior preferences separately but also how they interplay in individuals
- One of the only tools I have seen which looks at behavior preferences where the results are very tangible and actionable
- A very complex, sophisticated tool yet ‘translated’ so that it is simple for the end user to comprehend and to use
What are the results of using Emergenetics in your work?
I have been an Emergenetic Associate since April 2015, and so far have received very positive resonance from my clients. Results range from:
- Respondents appreciating learning more about themselves and their team members
- Improved communication, presentations and meetings
- Better brainstorming and getting to creative ideas (in WE teams)
- Improved day-to-day work within the team
- I can also see that Emergenetics would be very successful in other areas, for example staffing, onboarding and recruiting as well as in corporate culture change initiatives.
Who would you recommend to become an Emergenetics Associate?
I recommend people who have a passion for understanding how to best use assessments to improve performance and productivity in teams and at the work place to work with Emergenetics, both in large corporations and in smaller consultancies like myself. I can also see a great beauty in using Emergenetics in 1-on-1 coaching.